Creating a Harvest-style Outdoor Entry for Fall

Back in Spring, I had mentioned when we moved into our townhome in Florida, I had learned about container gardening. It was a great solution to add color to our townhouse entry and patio, without having to dig into the ground. So in Spring here in Arizona, I had refreshed my containers, and gave color to our entry with flowering plants. It was great for Spring, but when summer here in AZ came to town, so did dust storms (they call Ha-boobs - don't ask!!) The storms were filled red desert dust, heavy winds, and even some rain, which only made more of a mess with the dust. Now that "Monsoon" season is over (it ended this weekend) I was able to get outside and set our stoop for Fall. Before all the decor came out, I cleared and cleaned the entry, repainted & repaired accessories, made a game plan, and used the garage space to rebuild my statement in... than all I had to do was carry out and set it into place. Using what I already had + a few pumpkins and organic finds, I was able to create a welcoming Fall Entry at a minimal expense of only $50. The details can be found at: The DIY Behind Creating a Dramatic Fall Entry Stoop for $50 
 




See more about this Seasonal Rental ReStyle at:




I really enjoy dressing a home for a season as well as the holidays. It comes natural to me to do I guess because I was raised seeing my parents decorate  the house, plus all the floor changes I did for visuals working in retail. Changing the colors really changes the mood. Sometimes it can be done through paint. Sometimes the change can be made with textiles (for example inside with pillows and window panels). Fall can be tricky: September is Fall, but then there is Halloween in October, and then Thanksgiving, it's still Fall. Although I do enjoy decorating for seasons, I also like to allow each holiday its moment to breathe (lol - unlike in retail establishments that already have Christmas set LONG before Halloween). And living in a rental house, it's even more important to make it a home with some holiday or seasonal decor...









Since I do like to decorate for both Halloween and Fall, I don't get too gory on my Halloween decor. This year, I did more mixing for a creepy fall look, but I can easily remove the Halloween details afterwards, to keep it pure Fall for Thanksgiving. Outside is more Fall - I'll just remove the "Turn Back" signs and crows after Halloween. And I have a pumpkin for Jeff to crave for a Jack-O-Lantern.


Love the simple black metal lanterns I got from HomeGoods (back in FL). I removed the glass, making it easier to fill with plants or details in my outdoor decorating. The cork covered cylinder is also from HomeGoods - For Fall, I used it inside the stoop lanterns en lieu of a candle...












The inside entry was tricky to do - since I don't have a buffet or table to create a holiday vignette. I carried the colors from outside into the entry, but mixed in more of my skulls from Halloween into the decor. After Halloween, the skulls will be removed, and replaced with photographs I shot a few years back on a trip we made to Georgia in the Fall. I'll share pics of the inside entry shortly so stay tuned! 

Here is a sneak peek:





 Don't forget to check out the details about:  
plus stay tuned for more Fall decor and Halloween without the gore -
The tips & tricks are sure to be a treat!


Thanks for stopping by!



LINKING POST TO:














2 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job!! It looks incredible!! I love the leaves/pine cones on every step. It completes the look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Harvest Entry is gorgeous! I love the arrangement of leaves on the sides of the door! Just perfect. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from BNOTP. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails