Hello October!

Ready to ROCK-tober? Oh tis the season! From full on Fall decor, Fall wardrobing, Fall thrifting, Fall picnics, Fall DIY's, and of course Halloween decor - October is going to ROCK! My hands were pretty tied up last year from savoring this sweet season, but not this year! I can't wait to share what I've been up to (beyond moodboarding at olioboard, thrifting or pinning!) The HOT Arizona temps kept me inside this summer but I'm wanting to BUST right now now!! Even though the temps are still pretty high (up to 103 today!) I am SO OVER the heat and ready rock some DIY tips & tricks and share my quest to re-nest this rental for Fall! Since last weekend, I've had the garage pretty torn up with a few project piles, but this weekend, they've all been put up, cleaned up or packed away to use later. I stocked up on paint (couldn't deal with NOT having my paint supply anymore since we left Florida - it's still not quite the same, but better than nothing!) and I've been at it again revamping accessories. I've even collected a few new natural elements from our new surroundings (again for FREE!) I was able to use both inside and out plus pick up a few (new to me)  thrift treasures...



I've spent the better part of this morning organizing and uploading photos from projects. Now comes the fun part: editing and sorting which pics to post! So stay tuned!! If you're on Twitter or Facebook... you may catch a glimpse at a few sneak peeks :) Here's a few pics from my trip to Home Depot this weekend. I needed to wait to set Fall on our stoop: Monsoon Season just ended this weekend here in AZ. The monsoon season was wicked with not only rain, but wind and DUST!



In Florida, I'd do major replanting with flowers plus refresh rocks in the garden. Here in AZ - we do NOT need anymore rocks!! So I picked up some bark mulch, and pumpkins (MUCH cheaper than grocery store or pumpkin patch, which none are up yet in the valley), plus two orange mums... The Large pumpkins were under $5 and the medium were 3 for $10 PLUS Home Depot accepted a $10 off Lowes coupon for extra savings...


While out biking earlier this summer (back in May) I was already eyeballing places to pick up pinescones. Saturday, I filled a bag. These I'm keeping for outside decor. The pinescones I've purchased in FL, I'll reuse inside. And the good thing from the monsoon sea is: the wind breaks off branches - the sun dries the leaves....

After I hosed down these branches, let them dry out and then sprayed with RAID, I sealed them with a clear coat. These helped to beef-up my FL branch stash! 
(You can read more about branch collecting at Tips For Branching Out)

Here's a few of my thrift finds for Fall too....

Antler I picked up back in August for $5...
(tried the shoes - like new, but not my size!)

Owl art, baskets and an Ansel Adams print from a
 50% Saturday Sale at Goodwill...

And this is probably my fave find: A pair of mirrored sconces for $10!



What fall projects have you been up to? Are you ready to ROCK OCTOBER?!!
I am SO READY for some cooler weather and to GET BACK OUTSIDE!! woo-hoo! Not just for DIY projects, but also to get back to walking at night, biking in the morning, and upcoming art+wine+food+architecture festivals and do little more exploring here in AZ.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails